How Can I Join?
Joining MERCO Credit Union is easy. To become a member, you must be one of the following:
- An employee or retiree of Merced County, State of California, United States government.
- An employee of any city, town, or special district paid from or located in Merced County (except the city of Merced).
- A member of one of the Chambers of Commerce within Merced County. Call 209-723-4275 or 800-273-4993 for more information.
- An employee of a Select Employee Group (SEG), which MERCO presently serves (call us at 209-723-4275 or 800-273-4993 for specific information).
- Anyone who lives or works in Merced or Mariposa Counties and makes a donation ($10 minimum) to the Friends of the Library of Merced or the Friends of the Library of Mariposa.
- Family member of an existing MERCO account holder.
To join MERCO, call or visit one of our branch offices and request a membership application. Once you complete this simple application, all you'll pay is a one-time membership fee of $5 (plus a required deposit of $25 to a savings account) and you'll receive immediate access to MERCO's convenient, money-saving products and services.